Monday, January 2, 2012

Introduction (Creative Title, Huh?)

Hi all!

My name is Robin, and I am a beauty product addict.

My addiction started back during the summer of 2009 with mineral makeup. I have since expanded into higher end brands. I also pick up drugstore products on occasion. 

Some of my basic stats:

I am pale with a neutral skintone. For reference, I wear Meow Cosmetics foundation in Inquisitive Siamese. I can also wear Nars Siberia. I have a few other foundations/tinted moisturizers that work for me, but I will go into those later.

My skin is oily and acne-prone. I have a system right now that works pretty well at keeping the acne away, but I do still have breakouts regularly.

My natural hair color is an awkward, in-between shade. A few years ago, I got called a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead all in one week. I currently have it dyed a strawberry blonde shade. My eye color is a mix of blue and green. Needless to say, filling out generic surveys that ask for hair and eye color can be quite a challenge.

Since it is New Year’s Day, I thought I would end my first post with a couple of beauty goals for this year:

1. Do a better job of using the products that I have. I tend to grab for the same things on most days.
2. Weed out and use up as many products as I can to make room for new stuff. 
2. Pay closer attention to the finer details of products and how they perform. I want to do reviews on here, so I need to get better at noticing specific things.
3. Continue practicing different application techniques. Just like with using products, I tend to apply my makeup the same way each day. I need to mix it up more.

That’s all for now. Happy New Year!

2 comments: