Saturday, January 18, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes in Flush (New Version) and True Love - First Look

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

I was so excited last weekend when I found out that Ulta was having a 20% off sale. It seems like these are becoming more frequent, which is fantastic. I love them even more when they happen to coincide with Ulta Rewards bonus points offers. I plan on hoarding all of my points for the holiday season so I can get a bunch of products for free!

My order came in yesterday, and I was able to take pictures this afternoon. I plan on waiting to post about most of the items in my order until I've had a real chance to try them out, but I wanted to get some swatches up today because I haven't been able to find any yet.

I picked up the new Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes in Flush and True Love. I skipped out on the third new color, Fearless, because I already have a blush by Tarte with that name from a QVC set, and I assumed they were the same (apparently, they are not).

Price: $25 each

Packaging


The first thing I noticed when I opened my box from Ulta and looked at my beautiful new blushes was that Tarte has changed the packaging on their blushes. I don't know if the packaging will change on all of their blushes or not. I personally prefer the old design with the raised floral pattern around the word Tarte, but the change isn't huge, so I don't mind it.


Inside the blush, the compact looks like the old ones. 

Flush


Just like most of the Amazonian clay blushes, Flush is matte. Tarte describes this shade as a pink berry, which is accurate to my eyes.


Here's a picture comparing the new version of Flush with the old version. If you like the look of the old version and don't already own it, you can get it along with a cream shadow and a shadow brush for $19 here. Considering the blush itself retails for $25, this is a fantastic value. I don't know how long it will stick around, so I would suggest grabbing it quickly.




The first swatch picture is the new version of Blush by itself. The second one shows the difference between the new one and the old. The third picture compares the new Amazonian clay version with the old formulation of Flush cheek stain. The new version of the powder blush is much closer in color to the cheek stain. It's a little more pink than berry though.

True Love 




 Tarte describes True Love as a watermelon shade, which seems accurate as it is a pink with a hint of coral. Just like Flush, it is matte. 



 Just like with the new version of Flush, I happened to have the cheek stain in the same shade (still the old cheek stain formula). As you can see in the picture, the colors are nearly identical.

First Impressions

Since I haven't actually tried these on my cheeks yet, I can't give an official review. However, I do love the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes in general, so I expect that I will enjoy these as well. I'm also really excited about the colors. The new version of Flush seems like it is going to be a great shade for fair-skinned girls like me. Most of Tarte's blushes are really bright, so adding another more subtle blush to the line was smart. 

Will you be picking up any of the new colors?

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

12 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try Tarte blushes - I'm really liking True Love, might just get it! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a try! They really are my favorite blushes. It is practically impossible for me to resist any value set that has one of them in it.

      Delete
  2. I have the old version of flush, and I really love it! Tarte has such an amazing formula for their blushes, I'm so tempted to buy more!

    shadowlinergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the old version too. I just got it recently too. My first impression is that I'm going to really like the new one too. I'll certainly be a lot easier for me to apply since it isn't as bright!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comparison. I have the old version and will pick up the new one later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I tried looking and couldn't find any swatches, so I wanted to get this up ASAP. I'm glad I have both the old and the new version of Flush. They are both beautiful colors.

      Delete
  4. I have to agree with you I like the old packaging better! This kinda looks like cheap packaging to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what it is...something about it looks cheaper. Thankfully, they don't feel cheaper. They feel as sturdy as the previous packaging.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this! It's so hard to find swatches of the new Flush colour. I live in Australia so we don't have Tarte in stores unfortunately, but am thinking of picking this one up online. From the picture it looks like it has a touch of purple or lilac in there? How would you describe the colour? Would you say that there are any dupes or similar looking shades out there that I could compare it to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely has some purple undertones to it. Tarte describes it as a pink berry shade, which makes sense to me. I would probably describe it is a pink with purple undertones because I'm not as good at describing shades as I would like. I don't have any dupes in my collection. After doing a quick look online, I'm wondering if Benefit's Lollitint is somewhat similar (please keep in mind that I haven't seen Lollitint in person). It looks like it has a similar purple undertone, but it looks lighter and more milky than Flush.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! They are all so pretty. I wish Tarte had kept the old version of Flush because I would have loved to buy that one too!

      Delete