Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

The new year is under way, and I'm still making slow progress on things. I just finished going through and throwing away somewhere around 10 magazines today. My project of using up lotions got put on a slight hold because the one I used on New Year's Eve happened to cause a nasty skin reaction, and my forearms and legs are covered in lovely little bumps. *sigh* That particular lotion is obviously going in the trash.

Now it is time for me to start working on the goal of posting more regularly. I have a backlog of products that I haven't posted about yet, so as long as I focus, it shouldn't be too difficult.

The first one that I'm going to go ahead and post about is the Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee (Can anyone tell me how to get the accent over the second "e" in gelee? It's driving me nuts that I don't know how to do that.). I was really tempted to pick up the Sephora Glitz & Glam set that had one of these in it, but I wasn't excited about most of the other products in the set. When I saw a duo on QVC for a good price, I went ahead and ordered it.

Price

The duo from QVC costs $29.12 ($4.47 S&H). An individual Cheek Gelee from Sephora is $22.

Packaging




There's not a whole lot to talk about when it comes to the packaging of these; it's simple, attractive, functional. They are in nice glass jars with plastic lids that mimic the color of the actual blush shade, which makes it easy to identify which color is being grabbed. The opening of the jar itself is big enough that it is easy to use a brush or your fingers to pick up the product.

Product

Poppy Paradise
Vacay Rose
Poppy Paradise and Vacay Rose

The two colors that I have are Poppy Paradise, a warm-toned bright pink, and Vacay Rose (which should have an accent over the "e," so it is pronounced Vacay Rose-ay), a plummy berry shade. Poppy Paradise is a shade in the regular line. As far as I know, Vacay Rose is only available in this QVC duo.

The gel formula of the blush applies and blends easily with either fingers or a brush. I think my favorite way to apply it is with a small stippling brush. One of the interesting things about it when it is applied is that it feels cool on the skin as it goes on. They don't feel heavy or tacky when applied either, which is wonderful.

I have to say that I love the look that these blushes give my skin. Since they are a sheer gel formula, they give such a natural looking color to the cheeks. It's beautiful. Best of all, it is color that lasts all day, even on my oily skin.

Final Thoughts

I really don't have anything bad to say about these. I think they are a great addition to my collection.  They are definitely worth swatching the next time you find yourself in Sephora.

How is your new year starting? Have you tried these blushes yet?





Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the formula of these blushes, and I love how light they feel on my cheeks! :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete