Another year has come and gone. I've been thinking about things that I want to focus on and accomplish in 2014, and I thought it would be a good idea to look back at my resolutions that I made for this year.
Here were my blogging goals:
- Increase my number of readers - I did this. I have over 200 GFC followers and almost 150 on Bloglovin'. I didn't grow a ton, but that's okay. I'm not dedicating myself to growing my numbers as much as a lot of bloggers do.
- Post more consistently - I was really good about this for about the first 6 months of 2013. After that, things fell off again, and I was much more inconsistent.
- Improve the quality of my pictures and content - I feel a little more comfortable with both of these. My light box helps. I want to find different bulbs for it though. When I broke one of the original ones, I tried two different sets of bulbs. The first pulled really yellow, and the second set pulls a little blue.
- Make my posts more personal - I don't think I really did this.
- Reducing my makeup collection - I failed miserably at this, which isn't really a shock.
- Shopping my stash - I did an okay job of this. I did sort through and add a lot of items to my blog sale. (ANOTHER SHAMELESS PLUG: You can check out my blog sale here! I'm willing to negotiate, so let me know if you are interested in anything.)
- Buy less - Hmmmmm...I probably failed at this one too. I think I was a little more selective than I have been in the past, but I still bought a lot and bought some products that I shouldn't have.
- Get better organized and declutter - I made some decent strides with this. My office is still a mess more often than not, but things are starting to find homes. I also found some new pieces for other spots in the house that have made a big difference.
- Get into better routines - This didn't happen. I still don't have very good everyday/weekly routines.
- Eat better, exercise more, blah, blah, blah... - Sadly, my weight has gone up over the past year. That being said, I do feel like I'm eating a little bit better. My fiance and I started buying a community co-op produce bag every two weeks that encourages us to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Be more consistent with blog posts - I'm going to try this one again. I'm going to work on scheduling posts for once a week. If I get far enough ahead, I'll try and tack on extra posts.
- Reduce my stash of skincare, haircare, and body products - This is more realistic than trying to reduce my makeup stash. I have way too many body lotions. I picked up too many haircare/styling products throughout the year, and I don't use them enough to justify having them all. I also have a skincare routine that I'm pretty comfortable with, so I need to finish off the extras.
- Continue on my cruelty-free journey - I'm pretty happy with how far I've come with going cruelty-free, but there's always improvements to make. I want to finish off some products that I already own that aren't cruelty-free. I'm also working on replacing a lot of my home items with cruelty-free options.
- Condense my wardrobe - I'm not quite ready to commit to a 10-item wardrobe, but I do want to limit my wardrobe. Instead of buying a ton of stuff, I want to start choosing a few nice pieces, particularly for work.
- Keep decluttering/organizing - I go through phases with decluttering, but I do feel like I'm slowly winning the war. I want to keep making progress.
- Try for those routines again - I've come to the conclusion that I like the idea of routines, but I need to work towards making my own. The Fly Lady ones are great, but I don't think they will work for me completely. If I come up with something that I stick with, I'll let you know.
- Enjoy life more - There's too many days when I feel like I'm just floating through life or I'm in a funk. I'd like to work on changing that this year.