I can't help but be a little cliche here...2012 went by so fast!
I hope you had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve. Mine was spent at home with my fiance watching a movie. We're not very exciting, but it was an enjoyable, relaxing night before winter break ends and we have to go back to work.
It is officially my blog-iversary (my first post might actually say January 2, but that's because I decided to create a new Blogger account after publishing my first post, so it got taken down and reposted). I've had a lot of fun over the past year, and I look forward to improving during the course of this year.
Here are some of my blogging goals for this year:
- Increase my number of readers - This is pretty much a given for any blogger. We work hard at what we are doing, and we want people to see and read it.
- Post more consistently - I went through time periods when I didn't post much at all, and I'd like to try not to do that this year. My goal is to post at least 1-2 times a week.
- Improve the quality of my pictures and content - I think my pictures have improved a bit this year, but I know I have a lot of room for improvement. I want to get more consistent on how I format and organize my posts as well. They still feel a bit haphazard to me.
- Make my posts more personal - This has been hard for me over the past year. I'm guessing most of you reading my blog don't know much of anything about me. As an educator (yes, I consider myself an educator even as a substitute teacher), I'm used to being pretty private about things, especially things published online. I need to work on finding a better balance.
- Reducing my makeup collection - This is going to be a hard one for me. It might be more realistic to aim for keeping my makeup collection at approximately the same size.
- Shopping my stash - This might actually help with the previous goal. I want to work my way back through the products that I have to determine if I really need to keep them or if they can get added to my blog sale. (SHAMELESS PLUG: You can check out my blog sale here! I'm willing to negotiate, so let me know if you are interested in anything.)
- Buy less - This is definitely connected to the first goal. I'm a sucker for new products (even more so when they are limited edition). I'm also a sucker for sales. If I can get a good price on it, I want it, even if I don't need it. I also had a horrible spending binge at the end of 2012. There were just too many good sales that I couldn't pass up.
- Get better organized and declutter - This includes my makeup collection and the rest of my house. I actually made some progress with this goal over the past week. The closet in my home office was overflowing with empty shipping boxes and other items because they weren't organized. All of the empty shipping boxes are now gone, and the items in the closet are in a much better order. I'm also going through my giant stack of magazines pulling out the things I want to keep and getting rid of everything else.
- Get into better routines - I love the concept created by the FlyLady, and I tried doing some of it last year, but then I got busy (and slightly depressed), and I let everything slide again. It's time to give it another try!
- Eat better, exercise more, blah, blah, blah... - Yep, another cliche and something I will probably fail at, but it's always worth a shot, right?