Friday, October 12, 2012

Random Thoughts - Volume 3

Summer Tan

I got more tan this summer than I have in years. I'm still fair, but I'm not as fair as usual. I wasn't trying to get a tan either; it just happened naturally because of coaching color guard. I enjoyed my tan for a while, but I'm completely over it now. I'm ready to get back to my normal foundations. I'm ready for my blushes to look the way I expect when I apply them. Does anyone else feel this way or am I an oddball on this one?

Ottlite

I had a Conair makeup mirror that I've used for the last year, and the bulb blew out last month. It was a specialized bulb that wasn't even listed on Conair's website, so I would have had to call in to reorder it. I didn't love the light the mirror gave anyway, so I used it as an excuse to upgrade. I picked up an Ottlite makeup mirror from a seller on Amazon for around $45. If you aren't familiar, Ottlite is known primiarly for crafting lamps, and they advertise giving true-to-life color. So far, I really like it. The lighting is definitely better than the old mirror I had. It's still not perfect, but it's probably the best I can do with the space I have available and for a reasonable price.


On my searching for the best deal for this mirror online, I also discovered that joann.com was having a 50% off sale on all of their Ottlite products. I jumped at the opportunity and ordered a lamp that I hoped would help me take better pictures for this blog. I'm still playing with it, so I haven't decided how much it helps or the best way to use it yet.

Here's a look at both the regular lamp and the makeup mirror. Please excuse the view of the bathroom counter and messy makeup table. 



I hope you are all having a nice fall season! Feel free to share any of the random thoughts bouncing around in your heads. I love knowing I'm not the only one whose brain functions like a pinball machine on a regular basis.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that light company I'll have to look into them. I have a big problem with lighting in my flat there just isn't enough of it so that would be a welcome addition when I'm doing makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a look. I tried taking an EOTD picture with it, and it looked washed out, but for applying my makeup, it seems to work really well.

      Oh for the space and money for one of those giant Hollywood makeup mirrors.... :-)

      Delete