Sunday, September 9, 2012

Products I Threw Away

When I did my last post about products that I finished, I also took pictures of products that I am going to throw away. Notice that I didn't say that I have thrown them away. They have been sitting in a box in my office ever since. Maybe if I do this post, I'll actually let them go in the garbage.

Clearly Natural Essentials Lilac soap - I think my main problem with this soap is that I let it sit for too long. I had it for over a year before I used it. When I did start using it, it didn't smell like lilac anymore (if it ever did). I tried using it, but I finally just gave up.



Meow Snarky blush sample - I normally throw samples like this into my swap box, but due to some stroke of brilliance (please note the sarcasm), I dumped it all into a swirl bowl before I decided that I didn't really like how the color looked on me.

ELF lipsticks - I got these in a swap. I don't really wear lipsticks, and these are starting to look funky around the edges. I would be scared to use them. I never tried them, so I can't comment on the formula.

Everyday Minerals Soft Bronzer - This pulled too orange on me. Again, I had decanted it into a larger jar than it originally came in, and it would be too much work to get it back into a container that would be good for swapping.

Revlon Grow Luscious mascara - This mascara felt tacky to me long after it dried. It drove me nuts.

ELF mascara - This was either a terrible mascara or it was so old that it had pretty much dried up by the time I used it. I could barely get any color on my lashes, let alone any length or volume.

Urban Decay Supercurl mascara - It's been a while since I used this, but I think this was another mascara that felt tacky all day.

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 - I didn't like this and stopped using it so long ago that the SPF had expired.

Jordana Squeeze n' Shine gloss in Lollipop - This gloss looked gorgeous in the tube, and I bought it on clearance. Unfortunately, it felt really goopy on the lips.

Got2b Playful cream pomade - I have no idea how long I've had this stuff. I don't use anymore, and I'm tired of having it sitting around.

Aromaleigh Color Infusion Botanical lipstick in Sassy - This was another item I got in a swap. I got it a couple of years ago, so it's time for this to go away.

Everyday Minerals Lavender pressed eye shadows - This pressed palette smells like crayons, which is an indication that it has gone bad. I might keep the compact around for potential future pressing.

Everyday Minerals Fairly Light pressed foundation - This doesn't have the crayons smell, but I've had it for about as long as the pressed shadows. I got it in a swap, and it's too dark for me. Again, I might keep the compact.

ELF Cream Shadows - I got these last year through a deal on Target.com. I think I spent $2 total for both compacts (with free shipping). When I ordered them, the site description said they were cream liners, so I was surprised to see that they were cream shadows when they arrived. They are useless. They crease in two seconds (maybe 5 with a powder shadow on top).

While this doesn't make a noticeable dent in my makeup collection, it's nice to get getting rid of products that I don't use. I need to pull more things for swapping as well. I'm one of those people who tends to keep things around thinking that I might figure out some way to use it in the future, and I rarely do.

Are you good about cleaning out your stash? Do you regularly throw out, swap, or give away items that you don't use?

No comments:

Post a Comment