Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Jane Blush in Berry Bouquet - Review and Swatches

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

I'm spending a Sunday afternoon trying to get some blog posts scheduled while watching a Harry Potter marathon on TV. Does anyone else watch movies on TV that they already own? It seems silly to me, but I do it anyway. Most of the time I do it when I'm just looking for something to have on as background noise.

I've been enjoying trying out products from the relaunched brand Jane Cosmetics. I haven't tried a lot yet, but I have other items on my wishlist for the next time I'm shopping at Ulta and  they are on sale.

One of the products I've been testing out is their Multi-Colored Cheek Powder in Berry Bouquet.

Price: $12

Packaging



The compact is a basic black with a clear window. It is serviceable without a lot of bulk or frills, which I like. When purchased, it comes with a cardboard band with bright and colorful pictures, but that obviously gets thrown away. The flower pattern on the product itself is eye-catching and pretty.

Product



This berry shade is exactly that, a bright berry color with a matte finish. The swatch above is all of the colors mixed together. After some experimenting, I have decided that I prefer avoiding the deepest shade in the blush when I use it. The difference doesn't show up very much when I swatch it, but I notice the difference more on my cheeks. The powder feels smooth and not overly dry and blends nicely on the skin. It lasts well on my skin, making it through a workday without problem.

Final Thoughts 

I like this blush, but at the same time, it doesn't wow me either. It's a little pricey for a drugstore brand as well. I wouldn't have purchased it at regular price; I picked it up on sale. There are only two other colors in the range, and the colors aren't of interest to me, so I won't be picking those up.

Have you tried the new Jane blushes or other products in the range?

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I've been curious about the Jane re-launch and I love the color of this blush, but I've been a little put off by the price of products in the line. It's silly because I've paid $20+ for high-end blushes but I have a hard time paying $10+ for one from the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. I was in Ulta the other day, and I was hoping that Jane eye products were 2/$8 like they were online. They weren't, so I didn't get anything even though $8 for a mascara is pretty standard.

      Delete
  2. Have you looked at Physician's Formula? Would like your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm generally happy with their blushes. They don't last as long on me as some of my more expensive blushes, but they aren't bad. I really like their Nude Wear blush in Natural (I've already reviewed it, so you can check out that review). I like their retractable eyeliner trios too. They last really well and are soft without being too soft (I have the tendency to over-do it with really soft liners). Their bronzers are hit-or-miss for me. I think my favorite out of the ones I have is the Nude Wear bronzer. I don't like their shimmer strips eye shadows (I've reviewed a couple of those as well). I tried their original mascara (in the green tube), and I wasn't a big fan, but I have issues with most mascaras. I know some people love it. Their foundations and powders are all too dark for me. I have one, but I can only use it if I actually get a tan over the summer, so I haven't tried any more.

      I hope this helps. If you live near an Ulta, now would be a good time to try out Physicians Formula because the entire brand is 40% off. I always wait for sales because it goes on sale so often that it's worth the wait. Let me know if you need any more information. :-)

      Delete