Friday, October 25, 2013

Girlactik Matte Bronzer in Cabo - Review and Swatches

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post were purchased using a gift code sent to me by Sindulge.com. I got the code because I am subscribed to receive their newsletter. Everyone who was signed up when the newsletter went out got the code. I have used my referral link in this post. All opinions are my own.

I figure this is a good post to follow closely on the heels of my one about trying to go cruelty-free.

Sometime around a year ago, I heard about a website called Sindulge.com (referral link). It's a shopping site that carries only cruelty-free items. I haven't purchased much from them yet because it is a still a relatively new site and has a limited selection (that does seem to be growing every time I check there), but I love the concept of a site like this.

Back in July, Sindulge sent out an email to all their subscribers with a $20 coupon that didn't have a purchase minimum. It was an amazing deal, and I spent quite a bit of time browsing their site trying to pick a product to order.

What I ended up stumbling upon was the Girlactik Matte Bronzer in Cabo, which is a light-toned, matte bronzer. I've seen Girlactik products before when browsing websites online, but I hadn't heard much about them or tried any of them myself. This was a great opportunity to try a new brand for an amazing price. The bronzer retails for $26. When you factor in my coupon and shipping, I paid less than $10.

Packaging



The packaging for this bronzer is quite simple, which I really like. I love the brown and pink theme on the box, and the chandelier detail is subtle but feminine. That detail carries over the the compact, and the compact itself has a metallic pewter color. It shows fingerprints a little bit, but not as bad as more reflective packaging does.

There isn't a brush included with this bronzer, which is perfectly fine with me because it keeps the size of the compact small and well....compact.

Product 



As mentioned above, this bronzer is a lighter-toned, matte bronzer, and I have to say that I am really loving it! It doesn't have any orange tones in it, but it isn't so cool-toned that it looks muddy or grey. I can use it as both a contour shade or a bronzer shade on the high points of my face. It looks good both ways.

For those of you with darker skintones, Girlactik has a darker shade of bronzer as well called Casablanca, but it is not available on Sindulge's website.

Final Thoughts

If you are fair to light and are looking for an easy bronzer to work with, you might consider picking this one up.

Even if this particular bronzer doesn't catch your eye, I would suggest giving Sindulge.com (referral link) a look. It really is a fun site to check out for cruelty-free products or just for brands that aren't as common (like Girlactik, armour beauty, and tini beauty).

Have you tried anything from Girlactik? Have you found your perfect bronzer?

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post were purchased using a gift code sent to me by Sindulge.com. I got the code because I am subscribed to receive their newsletter. Everyone who was signed up when the newsletter went out got the code. I have used my referral link in this post. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. The packaging is really pretty and it looks really nice colour x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It is definitely one of my favorite bronzers in my collection.

      Delete